Tuesday 25 March 2014

Lynford & Minsmere

Very enjoyable day out mostly doing photography, started at Lynford and had excellent views of the presumed Two Barred Crossbill / Hybrid type thing. Also great views of common Crossbill too. Had a mini panic when I noted three 'blipping' birds fly over head and land in the horse paddocks. To my delight they were Hawfinches! Good views where obtained before they flew off and melted into the forest. Also had some nice views of Firecrest, Nuthatch and displaying Siskins!

We then moved on to Minsmere where I spent much of the afternoon catching up with some little devils... Those 'devils' being Dartford Warblers! After a patient wait I was rewarded with views of at least 7 birds. Often too far away for photo's but was very pleased to see them. On my return back to the main reserve I flushed up a  Merlin which was in the heather.

Minsmere itself was quiet, the odd Marsh Harrier, Common Snipe, Avocet etc. But was good to hear my first booming Bitterns of the year. Shame the bittern didn't show anything like last week!

Common Crossbill

TBC thing

Distant Hawfinch

Dartford Warbler

Bittern (From last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment