Wednesday 25 September 2013

First trip to Yarmouth

Had to do stuff in the morning so could on get over to Great Yarmouth about 11, was nice to meet one of the locals there 'bob' but didn't really get to see many birds. A sprawk flew through causing everything to go into mass panic. Disappointingly after I'd left a yellow brow was found right where I was looking. But I'm sure I'll get one by the end of the Autumn! After this I moved on to the coast to see what I could see out on the sea. Surprisingly 6 red throated divers showing very well from the coast with 1 bird still with some red on the throat. About 40 pintail mixed in with some wigeon flew south as did quite a few brents, 1 common tern and 2 grey seal out on the water. In the dunes I kicked up a few meadow pipits but that's about it really. The bus journey back produced a marsh harrier flying over the road near Breydon Water.

On my return back to campus I had quick stroll around the broads, nothing of note but did add common gull and green woodpecker too the Uni list!

Not as exciting as yesterday but with these winds coming I imagine this weekend should be pretty good!

Pintail & Wigeon 

Red-Throated Diver

Grey Seal

No comments:

Post a Comment