Thursday 26 September 2013

Willow be damned!

Met up with local Norfolk birder, Uni goer Connor Rand today who gave me a 1-1 of what to expected to see around the UEA campus. Some cracking birds in the past like black stork, marsh warbler, ibe chiffy etc. So I've got plenty to look forward to just by birding the campus. One thing he did show me which was a 'lifer' for me was the willow emerald damselfly. A gorgeous little thing, saw about 5 of these though they kept too the back of the pond during the brief out break of sunshine today.

Besides that it was mainly lectures and shopping for me today, the dull stuff ready for an action packed sibe filled weekend. Though just before dark a huge 'skien' of pink feet flew over head probably totalling 300+ birds.

I'm quite enjoying this blogging malarkey so I'm most likely going to be keeping it up, maybe not as regularly but as frequently as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment